November 22, 2011

November 22nd, 2011

Infinite Also Likes Taeyeon



It was reported earlier by Soshified (here) that Taeyeon’s favorite male group recently was INFINITE, which she revealed on November 7th during the recording of “SBS Power FM Power Time with Choi Hwajung”.
However, it seems that those feelings are reciprocated. On November 19th, during the filming of KBS’s “Birth of a Family”, Infinite’s dorm room was inspected while they were gone, and they found out that one of the members of INFINITE had a picture of Taeyeon on his bed.

As soon as the broadcast had finished, it became a huge topic among netizens, some even made comments like, “he must really like Taeyeon.”, or “I’m envious of Taeyeon!” and “Which boy has Taeyeon’s picture?”

Source: K-plaza

________________________________
Girls’ Generation to Mentor Troubled Boys on Their New Show
 



Girls’ Generation will become mentors for boys.
On November 22nd, JTBC revealed that Girls’ Generation will be appearing on the weekend variety show “Girls’ Generation and Dangerous Boys”.

“Girls’ Generation and Dangerous Boys” will have the group becoming mentors for stubborn troublemakers. It is a dream project, where they will be solving each of their problems.

“Girls’ Generation and Dangerous Boys” will have five troublesome boys from different areas around the country dorming together. The program will be a reality show, showing how they change every day through training.

JTBC revealed, “Amidst their busy schedule after their comeback with ‘The Boys’, Girls’ Generation is looking forward to their first attempt at becoming mentors. The girls have been approaching this seriously, as it is a meaningful project to help wandering teenagers start anew. A new side of Girls’ Generation that has not been seen on any other variety show will be revealed.”

The first episode of “Girls’ Generation and Dangerous Boys” will air on the 4th of December at 7:30pm KST.

Source: TVReport via Naver

_____________________________
Vote for Girls’ Generation for The Mashable Awards



The nomination period for the 5th Annual Mashable Awards is over, and thanks to all your hard work, Girls’ Generation has been nominated in the category of Must-Follow Musician on Social Media! Girls’ Generation is up against world famous artists Lady Gaga, Super Junior, Snoop Dogg, Adam Lambert, Ricky Martin, and Kris Allen.
Mashable Awards is a community-focused competition, rewarding the best of digital and social media. We want to help Girls’ Generation win this award since it has been another great year for them. With the big succes of fourteen sold out concerts in Japan, two nights in Korea, three nights in Taiwan and soon two nights in Singapore, they have truly become Asia’s number one girl group. With the latest release, THE BOYS, Girls’ Generation is ready to take over America and the rest of the world.
Now that Girls’ Generation is an official nominee, our votes are more important than ever. The voting period is open until December 16th, and you can vote once per day. All you need to do is head over to the Mashable Awards sitesign in with your twitter or facebook account, select the category “Must-Follow Musician on Social Media” and select “Girls’ Generation”. Remember, you can vote once a day until the voting period ends, so don’t forget!

No matter what the outcome is, we still want to thank all our members for their continuous support of Girls’ Generation! Right now, it’s a Global Generation!
——————————————
You can also vote by clicking this button to take you to the correct category and then selecting Girls’ Generation.

 _________________________________

  Like Twins: Taeyeon and Sunny’s Interview with Singles Magazine
We asked Taeyeon and Sunny, who are known to be closer than no other from living as roommates for a long time, to show us something denser than love; their friendship. They must have been shy about this type of set-up, and were looking after one another a lot off camera.



The Republic of Korea’s national treasure-like girl group, Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon and Sunny have arrived at the studio after completing their last television schedule. Taeyeon wore skinny pants with a light knit and flat shoes, while Sunny wore jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers. Unless you look really hard, they would have looked like fresh high school students. It’s true that they were a bit tired and sensitive these days, as it was right before the release of their official album. However, they greeted the staff members first by saying, “It’s really nice to meet you!” and also showed their characteristic “euhehehe” laugh. As roommates, Taeyeon and Sunny are two members who are known for having a tight friendship within Girls’ Generation. Their looking after one another continued on during their stay in the studio.
While they were eating, the two sat together as if they were high school students sharing their meals. After eating, the two disappeared for a moment and soon walked out from the bathroom, giggling while shaking the water from their toothbrushes. They also walked so energetically! When they were walking to the makeup rooms they looked like generals returning from a victory. They looked trustworthy and cute, making me laugh inside. Despite their petite sizes, the two members have pretty good proportions. After about an hour, they stood in front of the camera wearing one-pieces, and had their hair and makeup done to make them look like twins. The two looked pretty and lovely like dolls, making the staff members go “Wow”. This type of situation must have been awkward and embarrassing for them, and they looked at one another’s transformation, saying “Whoa~”, while touching each other’s clothes, displaying a heartwarming sight.
The shoot ended smoothly, and because of the time, the interview was started right away. While they could have laid against the soft sofa to rest, the two had their backs straight, not showing a hint of dishevelment. More than just worrying about watchful eyes, it seems it was because of the members having lived as idols for many years. When told, “Lean back comfortably against the sofa,” they just replied, “Oh my, I must be more nervous than I thought? Hehehe.” The interview finally started, “How does it feel living as a Girls’ Generation member?” The two members were surprised at the groundless question and passed it over with a laugh, but the awkwardness ended there. To the editor’s advice, “Everyone~ Right now is the best moment, you have to enjoy it to the fullest!” They replied, “I know what you mean! I need to put on the makeup I like and go out to experience my popularity, hahaha,” and slapped their knees. Soon, Taeyeon and Sunny became the stars of the interview. They would giggle at times while they would clap and yell “That’s right! That’s right!” at the other’s response. Their natural gestures were evidence enough that they were enjoying their time right now.




Taeyeon, Sunny! The teaser for the long awaited official album has been gaining lots of attention. With the album release coming up, how do you feel?

-Taeyeon: Half of me wonders what people will think of our album, while the other half of me is worried. There should be responses out by the time this interview is published right? I’m nervous. It’s our first album in a year, and because it’s an album that Korean fans have been waiting for such a long time, I think the interest for it will be just as great. To be honest, we didn’t have any time to rest, having started Japan promotions right after our promotions in Korea ended, but our hiatus will be felt greatly by Korean fans.

-Sunny: Girls’ Generation has shown girly, lovely images a lot, but this time we’re planning on showing more diverse images. I think we’ll be able to show various images of a cool girl with our singing and style.
It’s now fall. Does the change of seasons affect the girls?

-Taeyeon:
A lot, hahaha. That’s why I’ve been feeling a bit sentimental lately. I start listening to music late into the night and fall asleep wearing my earphones. I also cry while listening to music. I try to search for many different artists’ music, but I’ve been listening to a lot of J-Pop lately.

-Sunny:
I don’t think it affects me too much. I think “I” affect myself the most, hahaha. But, as it is autumn, I listen to ballads like Taeyeon.




Out of Girls’ Generation’s members, Taeyeon and Sunny have been roommates for a long time. It seems like the two of you are becoming alike. Do you realize it, too?
-Taeyeon: I think Sunny and I were able to be roommates for so long because of our similar styles. Our mindset of making one another feel comfortable, and if the other person is comfortable then I’m good, is similar. If the other person is comfortable, then I would bear with my uncomfortablness. Because we are considerate of one another, we were able to live without any trouble. I don’t like red bean while Sunny does, so we can share boongeobbang (bread in the shape of a fish with a red bean filling), and Sunny likes curry, while I don’t, so we don’t even fight over food.

-Sunny:
I don’t know the reason, but I think we just get along. I think we’re completely used to one another and are becoming alike after having eaten, slept, and lived together for such a long time.
What do you do when something doesn’t go your way? I imagine you have some know-how’s now.
-Taeyeon: Other than self control, there isn’t any other method. Before, I wouldn’t express anything to members and keep things to myself, but now I try to talk things out with my members and managers. I think the best way to work things out for girls is through chatting.

-Sunny:
I think I have a cold personality. When I look at myself, I see a lot more flaws. If I’m in a bad mood, I feel like I’d become pessimistic, so I go into a fan site that only looks at me positively on purpose. Because it’s a place where fans even look at the flaws I see as something good.




Tell me any of your beauty tips. Taking care of your skin, weight, or your role model is good, too.
-Taeyeon: It’s best to treat a blemish as soon as you see it. However, if I’m busy, I can’t find time to do that, so I’m sad. At home, I use facial packs to provide moisture every morning and evening. I recently promoted for a long time with short hair, but I’m trying to grow it out now. I want to match the autumn mood and grow my hair out, hahaha. I’ve been interested in Gemma Ward’s, a model known for her baby face, style lately, and I have been paying close attention. Her style is clean and nice.

-Sunny:
Resting and not doing anything is the best way to take care of your body and skin. The treatment is not wearing any makeup and not giving your body a hard time. If I don’t have anything special going on, I don’t wear any makeup and go around wearing comfortable clothes. My mom once nagged at me because of that, hahaha. For styles, I study magazines and reviews consistently. If I find something I like, I save the photo and apply it. Unlike Taeyeon, I’ve been wanting to break out of my long hair lately. In order to show different styles, I’ve gotten perms and dyed my hair, so my hair is really damaged. I really want to try short hair because I’ve had long hair for such a long time.
Are there times where you think you look particularly pretty?
-Taeyeon: I think I look the best and natural before I sleep? Hohoho.

-Sunny:
Hm? When was it? I don’t think it’s when I clean off my makeup… Hahaha! I’m not sure. People always say my energetic appearance is cute.




What do you do during your alone time, or when you’re with your members?
-Taeyeon: I think not going out has become a habit. But, I go out when I really want to every now and then. When my purchase desire is at its peak, that’s when the splurge god appears, hahaha. I’m most interested in makeup and shoes. Sometimes I’ll go out alone to buy makeup or shoes from the mall. I usually browse trends and new products online, and use that information when I go shopping. I put on the makeup I bought when I get bored. I see if the color applies well, what color suits me, clean it off, and repeat, hahaha. I usually use the VOD service to watch TV shows at home.

-Sunny:
Playing with our members is more fun, and we have figured out many ways to have fun by ourselves. Because the majority of our members have their drivers license, we drive out to the Han River or go to the nail shop. I remember one time where Hyoyeon and I drove the car out to the river and struggled because we couldn’t park. There are so many people at the river! During my free time, I watch a lot of TV, but I watch the movie channel a lot. Because the VOD service has been improved lately, I am able to watch all the movies I want. We gather around to watch something, but there are lots of times where there isn’t anything to watch because we already have watched everything.
How does it feel living as a member of Girls’ Generation in the [Republic of] Korea?
-Taeyeon: Of course it’s nice and an honor, but it’s also a bit burdensome because there are so many watchful eyes. But it’s also true that we aren’t sure of just how popular we are because once we get off stage, all our time is spent together with the members. It’s only to the degree of thinking “This is how popular we are” when we see banners and hear fans’ cheers. I need to pretty myself up with the makeup I like and go out to enjoy myself. It’s a bit sad that I have to feel satisfied looking at myself in the mirror at home.

-Sunny:
There’s not a great sense of reality regarding our popularity because we don’t use Twitter or have mini homepages. It’s to the point where we say, “Hey, Soshi’s number one.” Of course, we are able to feel the love and attention from fans through concerts or other performances and events. I’m always thankful of everyone’s attention and think of them as the strength I need to do what I like to do. Although I can’t feel 100% of it, I try not to forget their love.




From a girl to a woman. Are there times where you feel you’ve really matured?

-Taeyeon: I feel like I’ve matured when I have more self control than before. At times like that, I think “I’ve grown a lot”, and feel good about myself. Before, if there was something I did not like, I would hold in all my anger and cry in the car. Because my makeup can’t get erased, I would do so while wiping off the tears with a tissue, heukheukheuk. Then I would forget it, but now I’ve learned to look past most things.

-Sunny: I feel proud of myself when I do things aggressively/enthusiastically. Things I do under my own initiative have increased, as opposed to doing things people tell me to do. I don’t get pulled around by other people’s suggestions, and have become my own man. Even when choosing a concept, I suggest my opinions enthusiastically, and know when I should just follow as well.
Is there a different area that you want to attempt? If there is, what, how, and when would you want to try it?
-Taeyeon: Hm… Something I consistently want to do is composing. Along with that, I want to sing, play an instrument, and properly do music. I also want to DJ again.

-Sunny:
I want to do a lot of various broadcast programs. Aside from that, I like creating new things, so I want to try producing. I realized this while preparing my concert performance, but it’s really fun creating my own stage and directing it. I didn’t have any time and didn’t know anything before, but I’ve been looking for music and taking part in directing myself and have found a new enjoyment. If you can’t balance the real world and imagination, you could get stressed out, but if you can control that, it’s a really fun job.
Lastly, is there anything you want to say to <Singles> readers who like Girls’ Generation?
-Taeyeon: I wonder what reader unnies like? Hahaha. Do us dongsaengs/younger sisters appear more cheerful and energetic for unnies to enjoy? Hahaha. Please look forward to us in the future.

-Sunny:
I think unnies will really like the image we will show for our upcoming promotions. A cool Girls’ Generation? A cool feel? Anyway, I think we’ll be able to show a new image of Girls’ Generation, so please look out for us.

Source: Singles Magazine
 ___________________________


Girls’ Generation Appears at Woongjin Coway Concert Event



As the models for Woongjin Coway, Girls’ Generation attended an event held by Coway called “Coway, Please Take Care of Mom Tonight” on November 17th at Yangjaedong L Tower. Appearing alongside Girls’ Generation were Jang Hyejin and Kim Bumsoo, who handed out a few roses to people in the crowd.
Girls’ Generation performed a few of their hit songs which included “Gee”, “Oh”, “Genie”, and their most recent single “The Boys”. However, during their performance of “The Boys”, the girls weren’t able to hold their laughter as the static electricity inside the building caused their hair to stick out all over the place. The girls could be seen trying to push down their hair, but to no avail. In particular, there were several pictures of Sunny’s hair sticking up wildly while Taeyeon desperately tried to hold in her laughter and continue performing. While Taeyeon did manage to sing all of her parts, she did not manage to dance all of the choreography.



During this event some of the people were able to share stories of their mothers with Girls’ Generation, which caused several members to tear up as they remembered their own families. A small interview was also held in which attendees got to ask the girls questions. Kim Shinyoung, a long time friend of the girls, was the emcee for this interview. One of the questions asked about the girls’ cooking abilities. Sooyoung replied that most of the girls cook pretty well with the exception of Jessica.
Yoona added that Jessica is an ok cook, but she can’t control her portions well, to which Jessica responded, “I’m generous cook.” causing much laughter at the event. The next question asked was: “What can you cook the best?”. Tiffany said that she could make sandwiches the best. However, being the “shikshin” of the group, Sooyoung had a different opinion stating that, “Tiffany’s sandwiches aren’t really sandwiches. Normally you would add vegetables, ham, and cheese, but she only adds ham,” much to Tiffany’s chagrin. Another question that was asked was: “Who dreams the biggest?”, to which everyone unanimously picked Seohyun. Yoona mentioned how Seohyun would always think about the future, and Seohyun would go on to explain how she’s accomplishing a lot of goals through Girls’ Generation and K-Pop.
To end the “Coway, Please Take Care of Mom Tonight” event, the girls sang “Dear Mom” and dedicated it to all mothers.

Source: Dailian Korea, TheSoneSource028@youtube.com, Soonkyu515@youtube.com

 ____________________________

Girls’ Generation’s New SHAKE App Topping Charts



 
Girls’ Generation’s SHAKE application was released through iTunes on November 18th, 2011. Not only are the girls displaying their popularity on stage, they have now moved on to conquer the gaming world.
SHAKE has risen to the number one spot in the music game category on Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan iTunes. It ranked first on the Apple App Store in Indonesia, Thailand, and Singapore while ranking fifth in Japan’s. It was also ranked high on the American, Australian, and Canadian charts as well.
With a Guitar Hero feel to the game, fans can enjoy playing along to “Telepathy”, “Trick”, “Say Yes”, “Oscar”, “My J”, and “The Boys” on their iPhones, iPads, and iPods. To check out SHAKE, go to iTunes.    
Source: Nate

0 comments:

Post a Comment